Fire Alarm Engineer / Technician
Applications welcome from across the North (i.e. Manchester, Warrington, Preston, Leeds, Chester)
Are you an experienced Fire Alarm Engineer who is fed up of travelling across the UK or looking for an employer who will appreciate you? This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading fire safety companies, where you’ll benefit from having the autonomy to focus on customer sites within no more than an hour’s drive of your home residence. Applications welcome from those based throughout the North, such as Manchester, Warrington, Preston, Leeds and Chester.
Who will I be working with?
Part of the Moyne-Roberts Group, Walker Fire is one of the UK’s leading fire safety companies, providing a range of high-quality fire safety services for businesses and requirements of all kinds. Even though we have expanded massively since we were founded as a family run business in 1940, we still maintain our family ethos, which is apparent in our values, the way we operate the business and how we treat our employees, who are at the very core of everything we do.
We are constantly growing, and therefore have an exciting opportunity for a Fire Alarm Technician to join our Fire Services Team.
What will this role of Fire Alarm Technician entail?
As a Fire Alarm Technician, you’ll play a key role in the business and be responsible for the provision of safe compliant servicing and maintenance of our clients’ fire alarm intruder and portable systems. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
• Visiting existing and prospective client sites to conduct comprehensive surveys to provide and ensure site safety and relevant advice is given concerning their fire safety systems
• Servicing and reviewing fire alarm systems and associated products at client sites, and taking responsibility for the maintenance of these systems
• Following the work plan assigned to you from the Customer Focus Department through your mobile device, supporting the workflow to guide you through and maximise client visits
• Undertaking compliance checks prior to commencing work on-site, which may cover risk assessments, manual handling assessments and working at heights assessments
• Working towards and achieving daily KPIs, maintaining a productive work plan and identifying the most efficient routes in relation to time and customer needs for maximum efficiency
What will I need to be considered for this Fire Alarm Technician vacancy?
• Experience servicing fire alarm systems
• Experience of intruder systems and knowledge of portable appliances
• Full understanding of all British standards with regards to Fire Alarms and Emergency Lighting, particularly BS5839 part 1:2017 and qualifications (update training will be provided as required)
• Confident and self-aware with the ability to communicate professionally
• A customer service-focused approach
• Ability to work within a highly autonomous role, maintaining own workload and producing high quality work, recording and using our systems accurately
• Full and clean UK driving licence
What will I receive in return?
As the Fire Alarm Technician you will receive a salary in the region of £25,000 to £30,000 level dependent on experience, with benefits to include your own company vehicle (with the option to use the vehicle for private mileage), employer contributory pension scheme, and an attendance draw scheme where you can gain additional annual leave based on your attendance levels.
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm or 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Location: Visiting customer sites across the North, no more than an hour’s drive from your home address.
Please note that an enhanced DBS check will be carry out at the beginning of employment.
All applications for this Fire Alarm Technician vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.