Bid Manager (Fire Protection/Safety Industry)
Applications welcome from across the North West (i.e. Manchester, Warrington, Preston, Chester)
Part of the Moyne-Roberts Group, Walker Fire is one of the UK’s leading fire safety companies, providing a range of high-quality fire safety services for businesses and requirements of all kinds. Even though we have expanded massively since we were founded as a family run business in 1940, we still maintain our family ethos, which is apparent in our values, the way we operate the business and how we treat our employees, who are at the very core of everything we do.
We are constantly growing, and therefore have an exciting opportunity for a professional with proven experience of managing bids and ideally gained within the Fire Protection / Fire Safety industry, who would thrive in a highly autonomous role.
What will this role of Bid Manager entail?
As the Bid Manager, you will play a key role within the business, working closely with the Sales Team to take overall responsibility for bid management, accuracy and quality of bid submissions. You’ll ensure the smooth running of each bid within the correct time and financial parameters, managing the relationship with existing and prospective clients throughout.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
• Actively seeking tender opportunities for both public and private sector work
• Writing and managing various bids and managing the bid throughout the tender process
• Liaising with the Commercial Department to ensure pricing of bids is consistent and commercially viable
• Developing and maintaining a tender plan highlighting the weekly, monthly and quarterly submission deadlines and active workload required to support each submission
• Identifying opportunities to enhance and improve the process, whilst obtaining and sharing best practice with the Operations and Commercial teams
• Undertaking research to improve bid content, developing creative approaches to the writing and presentation of bids
• Liaising with clients as the first point of contact during the tender process
• Visiting client sites to collate relevant information and share findings with relevant colleagues
• Assisting the Management Team in developing a financial proposal structure
What will I need to be considered for this Bid Manager vacancy?
• Proven experience as a Bid Manager or Bid Executive, ideally gained within the Fire Protection / Safety industry
• High level of commercial awareness
• Confident and self-aware with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels
• Strong negotiation skills, and the ability to influence positively to impact outcomes
• Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills
• Full UK driving licence
What will I receive in return?
As the Bid Manager, you will receive a salary in the region of £35,000 to £40,000 level dependent on experience, with benefits to include an employer contributory pension scheme, and an attendance draw scheme where you can gain additional annual leave based on your attendance levels.
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working Monday to Friday, either 8am to 4pm or 8:30am to 4:30pm dependent on your preference.
Location: Walker Fire have depots located across the North West, so we are flexible in terms of which office you work from (i.e Preston, Chester). However, you will be required to visit the head office in Preston weekly.
All applications for this Bid Manager vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.